Wherever you live and whatever the style of your home, you will have windows and doors, and sooner or later, they will need to be replaced. Older properties with timber frames are prime contenders for this improvement, and with a range of finishes that include a timer grain look, any type of property can be accommodated. If you are yet to be convinced, here are five benefits you can expect to enjoy with uPVC windows and doors.
- Thermal Insulation – Your interior will be cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter, thanks to the hermetically sealed double glazed units, which dramatically reduce thermal transfer. Installing uPVC double glazed windows will reduce your energy consumption and keep your bills to a minimum, while giving you an even temperature throughout the home. The cold months will have a new comfortable feel, and there will be no draughts, which most of us have experienced.
- Sound Insulation – The exterior noises we all know so well will suddenly be there no longer, as the double glazing adds an effective sound barrier, and the neighbour mowing the lawn will be barely audible. The ambience will be tranquil and most people report they sleep more soundly when the background noise is eliminated.
- Home Security – With uPVC windows and doors, all access points are protected, and the thief is all too aware of that. Triple locking on the doors and toughened safety glass means your home is virtually impenetrable, and that means a lot when you and the family are thousands of miles away enjoying your holiday. The average burglar is looking for a quick and easy opportunity, and double glazing takes it to another level, and they wouldn’t even consider attempting a forced entry.
- Aesthetic Benefits – You can really transform the look of your home by replacing the windows and doors, and with a range of opening styles, such as tilt and turn, or sliding units, you can create a new look. Many homeowners whose properties have been on the market for some time, finally decide to upgrade the windows, in order to encourage a quick sale. Georgian or Tudor styles are possible, and with the right design, any property can be enhanced with something in keeping with the character of the building.
- Maintenance Free – Forget the annual repaint, as uPVC windows and doors require no maintenance at all. Guaranteed not to peel, crack, or fade, your windows will always look as good as new. We are all looking for ways to reduce our outgoings, and not having to have the windows and doors repainted goes a long way.
Modern uPVC windows and doors will give you so many benefits, and the added value means it is also a good investment. If you would like a free, no obligation quote, a Google search will put you in touch with a local company and you can begin to explore the design potential.