There’s no denying the convenience of move-in ready condos. You’re relieved of the burden of choosing the wall colors and furniture, and everything looks good without any other interior design changes to make. You also don’t have to bother trying to figure out how to transport large and heavy furniture and appliances up to a top floor unit.
On the other hand, it’s somewhat disappointing to note how many condo units these days pay very little attention to the design and look of the ceiling. Often you’d just see it painted white and that’s that. However, you don’t have to tolerate such a boring look if you don’t want to.
So what kind of improvements should make to your ceiling? Here are some ideas to consider.
- The use of chevrons is quite popular for parquet flooring, though these trends do tend to come and go. But you can be sure that a chevron pattern on your ceiling can be quite distinctive. It’s great because it livens up a place with energy. However, chevrons on the ceiling can feel a bit overbearing, you can tone down that effect by using neutral tone-on-tone colours.
- Striped tent effect. This works great especially for children’s rooms, as you can get a circus effect with the use of bright colors. You may want to shift to more neutral colors if you want to use this pattern for other rooms. It’s great when you have a chandelier to mark the middle of the striped tent pattern.
- Hand-painted images. This can make a room look really dramatic. It works well in dining rooms and rooms where you meet guests. It also does well in bedrooms, as you can lie down and enjoy the images without straining your neck. You will want a pro to do the drawings.
- If you live in an urban setting, a ceiling with bamboo can be rather relaxing. It gives off a tropical or coastal vibe that makes you feel like you’re on vacation. If you bought a condo to use as a vacation home, this design improvement makes a lot of sense.
- We don’t mean real thick bricks installed on the ceiling. Instead, you can use manufactured bricks that are only an inch thick. They’re made precisely just for ceilings. They offer a very rustic vibe, and they’re great if you want a room to look decidedly less formal. It offers a homey feel that can complement a room filled with high tech gadgets.
- When you have a wood ceiling, you’re also getting a rather rustic vibe for your condo. But the wood doesn’t have to be overly rural in its aesthetics. You can opt for wood stained in the same color so the look is a lot cleaner. At the same time, you still get that warm feeling that most people associate with wood.
- You often see this pattern on floors, so seeing them on a roof can be rather surprising. That’s especially true if you use actual floor tiles. It adds a retro atmosphere to a room, and you can tone down the rather overpowering effect if you use subtle lighter colours. This works very well if you don’t have a square pattern on your floor to match it.
- Dark colors. This works best if you have lots of natural light and you have tall ceilings. It adds just a hint of drama to a room, and it certainly makes things look and feel more interesting.
Don’t be afraid to think about how you can improve the look of your ceiling. Just remember that a room is more than the floor and the walls. With an interesting ceiling to look at, you can transform a room into something that really suits your preferences.