If you happen to ask any estate agent, they will inform you that homes which that are sold within the first five weeks of their being listed are those that will more than likely fetch their asking price. Consequently, the longer a house stays on the listings, the more chance there is of having to lower the price, and the less likely it will be to sell without some incentives from you, the home seller.
Even if you aren’t looking to sell your house quickly, it’s the best way of obtaining the price that you would like for it. Here’s some advice on how to get the sale you feel you deserve:
- Select a Reputable Estate Agent
- The best solutions for selling quickly is to give the job to an expert, and let their experience guide you. Competent and professional Essex estate agents know all about the ups and downs, and the best-selling strategies that work in your area.
- They can assist you in setting the perfect selling price for your property, provide solid answers to improve your chances of a sale and guide you all the way.
- Choose your estate agent with care, and listen to and take their skilled advice.
- Decide on a Suitable Price
- All estate agents know that the most important thing is to price it right and if you ask any of them, they will tell you that the most ordinary mistake that sellers often make, is aiming too high.
- A professional estate agent will recommend that you start from the average price in your area and work it from there, rather than starting with your hoped for price.
- You can check out the right selling price by researching the current selling prices of homes which are similar in your neighbourhood. Just speak to the estate agent, as he or she will know the numbers as it’s a part of the job.
- Have Your Property Ready Prior to Listing It
- There are a number of things which should be one to make your home look more attractive to potential buyers, and they should be done before anybody arrives to check it out. (Known as ‘home staging’).
- ‘Staging’ is a renowned method of helping to make a home sell quicker. The basic key is to make sure that your house is seen by people, looking at its very best right from the go.
- So, cleaning and any repairs are a must and have it ready to be viewed on a moment’s notice.
- Offer an Incentive to assist in Making the Asking Price More Appealing
- So, there’s someone who adores your house, but is in need of a little extra impetus to completely go for it? There are some incentives you can provide instead of lowering your asking price, have a word with a good estate agent who will provide you with advice based on experience.
And that’s it. Try applying the above and watch your dreams become reality!