When you are thinking about downsizing your existing property, you should make sure that you have considered granny flats. These flats are ideal for the elderly or they can also be used by people who are living with some kind of a disability.
What distinguishes a granny flat?
It Is Cheaper Than Buying A Standard Flat
When you are saving money for your retirement, you will not want to spend lots of money. This means that you should consider having a granny flat constructed. These are often cheaper than other properties that are on the market.
- You can use the leftover money to buy some furniture and other items for your brand new flat.
It Has Everything That You Need At A Suitable Height
The builders of granny flats realise that you are not going to bend down without a degree of difficulty. They want you to be as comfortable as possible when you are in your flat. The Perth renovation companies that install the worktops and the oven are going to make sure that they are installed at a sensible height.
- You will be able to put things on the counter or take them out of the oven easily. This is going to have a positive impact on your overall health.
The Rooms Are Spacious So You Can Still Entertain Guests
Even when you move into a granny flat, you are still going to want to entertain your guests. This means that a flat with large rooms is going to be built for you. The comfortable sofas and chairs can be put inside so that everyone can sit down without any difficulty at all.
- You can have spacious bedrooms installed so that all of your guests can sleep inside the flat rather than having to go to a hotel.
The Flats Do Not Have Any Stairs
The last thing that you will want to do when you are getting older is to have to get up and down stairs. This is why granny flats are so ideal. The flats are not going to contain any stairs at all and you will be able to walk without climbing anything.
- You are going to enjoy living in a flat that does not have any stairs at all. This makes moving around the flat less tiring.
The Flats Are Well Ventilated
You need to feel cool when you are inside the flat on a hot day. You will be pleased to know that these types of granny flats are well ventilated and you are going to feel cool on a hot day.
- You can open the windows for some extra ventilation.
There are lots of different reasons why you should consider buying a so called “granny flat” which is going to be suitable for you when it is time to downsize. The most appealing feature of the apartments is the fact that they are going to be easy for you to move around whilst also being comfortable.